- The person to be employed by the Company shall reflect experience, skills, and personal attributes including dedication, meeting goals, creativity, and the ability to follow through.
- The Proposal Supervisor will co-ordinate and produce the proposal (RFI, ITT, RFP etc.) response whilst assembling a proposal team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to win. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary proposal procedures and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the Bid and Tender policies and procedure.
- Evaluates and review of bid documents, specifications, scope of works and drawings
- Submit queries for clarifications on the technical and commercial aspect of the proposals.
- Identify sub-contract / specialized work items.
- Generates estimated man-hours and acquire competitive material and sub-contract prices.
- Prepares clarifications / qualifications to the bid/proposal.
- Supply Material Take-off and drawing details necessary to be used as a basis for pricing a tender.
- Prepares preliminary schedule, manpower loading and equipment list for technical proposal.
- Prepares overall cost summary of the project for review by Commercial Manager.
- Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment. The Proposal Manager will be experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off
- Evaluates historical data of past projects, generate man-hours and costing productivity factors
- Perform all other duties as relevant to the position.
- Coordinate and review/edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, and finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Document template management in line with company branding
- Proposal automation software (or similar) experience Proven ability in planning, producing and delivering compliant proposals within a complex business environment. The Proposal Manager will be experienced in scheduling and running proposal kick-off
- Excellent attention to detail.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Bid/Proposal Offer Count and Value
- Bid/Proposal adherence to all deadlines set
- Bid/Proposal adherence to meet the Company’s Quality objectives.
- Bid/Proposal Qualifying Rate (e.g. Pre-qua, Technical, Commercial, etc.)
- Commercial/Proposal Win Rate
- A good university degree in Engineering or related discipline (e.g. Quantity Surveying, Proposal/Commercial Management).
- Eight (8) years and above of experience in commercial/Proposal Management role in an Oil and Gas EPC projects;
- At least 4 years of core experience in Supervisory and commercial/proposal activities related to tenders and proposals at company, including preparation of man-hours, labour, supervision, material costs, indirect, consumables and sub-contract items