LEAD CIVIL ENGINEER
- Functions as Lead Engineer in overall discipline coordination.
- Provide skills, integrity and knowledge in key areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice. Understands clients’ needs; identifies and addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Independently evaluate, organize and priorities work which is normally subject to internal checking and approval.
- Interface with other Project Specialists and Lead Engineers.
- Co-ordinate technical activities performed inside or outside the Company
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for production of deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, CTR input, study reports and various 3rd-party submissions.
- Performs Inter-discipline & discipline QA/QC and engineering compliance checks on all work performed by themselves or junior engineers within the group.
- Completion of conceptual scopes of work and preliminary designs.
- Checks and coordinates all ongoing and completed work performed by CAD Designers.
- Review and management of project and general specifications, engineering procedures and engineering policy.
- Responsible for all work completed in his/her section.
- Prepares the documentation for all projects and ensures that it is properly archived.
- Responsible for the training and development of engineers in his/her section.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Train / mentor more junior engineers.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Efficient and effective production of project deliverables.
- Adherence to company processes and procedures
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- Masters Degree/ MNSE or Equivalent
- COREN or equivalent
- Above 10 years relevant work experience, 6 of which must be as a design engineer in Oil and Gas industry.
- Must have excellent computer skills and possess extensive skills in oral and written communication
- Diverse working experience in project management, conceptual and detailed design, and construction.
- Discipline Work Plan (Scope, QA/QC,etc)
- Knowledge of Interdisciplinary Work Processes/Interface/Deliverables
- Preparation, Update and Maintenance of Project Schedule, DDBs, MDRs.
- Development of Work Breakdown Structure/Activities List.
- Thorough knowledge of oil field engineering and construction methods including its practice and procedures.
- Familiarity with codes, standards, regulations and practices applicable to the design and construction of onshore and offshore structures/production facilities
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work well with other engineering disciplines, as well as outside clients, subcontractors and vendors.
- Possesses advanced computer skills.
- Time management skills.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.