Perform Project procurement and sourcing activities in EPC business. Generate critical estimating and buying functions across Develop new suppliers locally.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform procurement and sourcing activities in EPC business.
- Execution of defined Short and Long-term Goals, Objectives, Policies and Operating Procedures related to Procurement Dept.
- Execution of Procurement team activities in line with department related procedures, policies, templates, tools etc. for the organization.
- Monitors and execute Project Procurement Operations are in line with Client’s requirement.
- Provide project procurement requirements and deliverables on time. Meet all the defined procurement metrics.
- Ensuring compliance with Client and Company’s needs, Statutory Policies and Regulations.
- Generate Procurement Progress reports, Expediting reports and any other reports as and when required. Filing and Maintenance of Procurement and Sourcing records.
- Ensure Vendors and Subcontractors are paid on time.
- Check for duplication of invoices to avoid double payment.
- Plan and manage finances in line with corporate procedures, standards and allocated budget to delivery optimum business efficiency
- To ensure provision of necessary resources required for timely delivery of requirements.
- Source and Develop new suppliers from Asia, USA, Europe and Locally.
- Exploit market opportunities for the development of new vendors and Subcontractors in line with group and affiliate priorities.
- To contribute to proactive and effective team working with group and project teams.
- To promptly follow up with vendors and ensure business contacts are up-to-date and relationships properly managed.
- Good knowledge of preparing required procurement reports to the management
- Demonstrated good computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications. Knowledge in the usage of ERP packages is an added advantage
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning and scheduling skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse staff, clients and consultants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- BSc or HND Degree in relevant discipline such as; Engineering, Economic, Accounting, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management or any Management science. Master’s degree in a relevant discipline is an advantage.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in purchasing and supply management experience
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry preferred
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Total Cost Savings
- Reduce Procurement Cycle Time
- Contract Compliance
- On time Delivery
- Data Compilation and report submission
- ROI – Return on investment
- All financial targets are met as set in job plan i.e. Percentage increase in Revenue/Turnover in a given time period.
- Business Performance against Industry Benchmarks
- Risks identified, timely and accurate information on income and expenditure identified and action taken as agreed.