The objective of this position is to:
- Create and execute a clear strategy for the Operations & Administration Department to ensure achievement group-wide outcomes and strategy
- Provide leadership, management and oversight to the Property, Supply, Administration and Security function to maximize efficiencies for the company
- Build and maintain capability of the Operations & Administration Department to establish and grow its position
- Lead the Operations & Administrative Unit’s response to business continuity planning
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee daily operations for the Admin & Operations Unit.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for direct reports.
- Ensure the development of systems, policies & programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure overall delivery and quality of the group’s offerings to customers/clients.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs for team/unit.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment & infrastructure.
- Communicate strategy and results to the team members.
- Report key results to executive team.
- Engage with executive team in broader organizational strategy planning.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Significant business relations with new and existing clients
- Hitch-free relations with all tiers of government and their agencie
- Number of sustainable development initiatives
- Positive perception of media/stakeholders
- Ensuring effectiveness in planning, organizing and efficiently handling activities
- Ensuring all approved cost/budget are within the spending limit
- A good University degree. MBA is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 15 years cognate experience Admin or Finance related discipline
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated experience in executive support and/or high level administration;
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent computer skills;