DOCUMENT CONTROL OFFICER
- Control of all documentations produced and issued to external parties including clients, subcontractors, vendors, etc
- Assist in monitoring Company’s Document Control Systems
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all design / construction documentation i.e. drawings, specifications, work methods and any vendor documents (installation & maintenance manuals / operation manuals, installation procedures, etc.) are effectively managed and controlled from project start to completion according to COMPANY policies and procedures (electronic and hardcopy format) with respect to handling, registration, extraction, numbering, revision control, distribution, archiving, retention and storage.
- Maintains and ensure execution of inventory checks against Master Technical, RFI / TQ Register to follow-up outstanding drawings, specifications, work methods and other vendor documents / drawings
- Manage (extract, populate, review, and store technical documents and drawings) within the server environment Technical and Non-Technical Document Folders
- Operate and maintain the COMPANY Electronic Database Management System (repository) that captures all drawings, specifications, data sheets and other vendor documents, etc.
- Ensure that Technical Document Control policies and procedures (classification, inventory, records retention, document reviews and audits etc.) are implemented as developed by Information Management/Document Control Supervisor and Senior Document Controller
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Timely issuance of project deliverables
- Delivery of projects according to Document Control procedures
- Positive feedback from client
- Adherence to company processes and procedures
Bachelors Degree/HND in Engineering or Sciences
3-5 years relevant experience including 2 years of practical document control and technical design and drafting experience in the oil and gas industry
- Must have excellent computer skills and possess extensive skills in oral and written communication.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated conceptual and practical understanding of design and drafting standards conventions with minimum of 1 year handling experience with various technical documents and drawings (P&IDs, PFD, MSDs, Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Technical Manuals / Drawings, Specifications, Engineering Documents etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite Applications (Access, Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook), Networking Applications, Windows / NT Operating Systems, Adobe Professional Suite, Database usage / manipulation, Auto cad, and web based applications
- Proven ability to communicate and to apply interpersonal / organizational skills in order to obtain the cooperation of others as required
- Flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well with other engineering disciplines, as well as outside clients, subcontractors and vendors.
- Possesses advanced computer skills.
- Time management skills.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.