LEAD DOCUMENT CONTROL
- To establish processes and an overall system for the distribution, storage and preservation, control of changes, retention and disposition of documented information within the organization. The successful candidate shall supervise a team of document controllers working from the organization’s head office, branch offices as well as remote project site locations.
- The document control Lead shall also provide input and support the migration of the organization’s document control processes from its current manual system to an Electronic Document Management System (EDMS)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish procedures for numbering, identifying, updating, distribution, filing and control of documents for projects and at the corporate level
- Ensure the organization’s document control system is implemented in line with client’s standards, ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Standard requirements and international best practices
- Maintain and control all external correspondence such as letters, bid and proposal submissions and maintain a log for easy traceability
- Store and preserve all organization’s policy documents, certifications, permits and licenses for easy retrieval
- Check for accuracy and edit files before they are distributed to both internal and external parties
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information and contracts.
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- A BSc Degree in an engineering or science related field.
- Certifications in Document Management systems is a strong added advantage.
- 10 years’ experience in Document Controls, with at least 3 years as a Document Control Lead.
- Experience with Electronic Document Management System is mandatory.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (outlook, excel, work, visio, powerpoint).
- Proven experience on large scale EPC project is mandatory.
- Demonstrated success from past experience as Document Control Lead on large EPC project.
- Proven leadership ability to manage a team of document controllers at the corporate and project levels.
- Proven integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality of critical company information.
- Basic understanding of engineering and construction documents (Design drawings, shop drawings, Technical Queries, Variation Orders, Report templates, project schedule, etc)
- Must be able to interphase with all levels within the organization and external parties; Effective oral and written communication skills; Attention to detail; Data organization skills Good team player; Excellent leadership skills.