- Provide Administrative oversight and direct contract inspection regarding site Project and maintenance activities in accordance with established company and industry standards, guidelines, and governmental regulatory requirements.
- Provide support to the Project Director in direccting strategy, constructability,managing and overseeing all EPC Project activities in oil & Gas activities On Shore and shallow water, outperforming the defined objectives, deliver industry leading safety performance within the required Nigerian Project industry standards. The position will be involved in all aspects of Project activities including site management, site mobilization, civil works, equipment deliveries, Structural, Pipeline, Mechanical work, Electrical and instrumentation, Precommissioning, Commissioning , Start up and performance test all either performed by the Company or Subcontracted only when required, subcontractor selection, site management, installations, commissioning and Client handover. It will be responsible for maintaining / developing industry contacts and a Client / Supplier network to further deliver Project efficiencies.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working closely with the EPC Project teams to ensure their business Project requirements are delivered:
- Liaise with the Construction manager and by extension to the Project Director
- Implement the Project execution, Project method and sequences for each activities, constructability, outside prefabrication and on Site installation, Project organization chart recruitment strategy, establishing the best resources required for all Project activities
- Oversee the work of one to four field sub-contractor crews at remote geographic work site locations, totaling 50 to 100 contract employees per site
- Provide and develop Project deliverables, plans and contribute to project execution strategies, scope of work, contracts, request for quotes and contractor management activities
- Implement design deliverables as a tool for Project works on site
- Ensure safety/site orientation of inspectors and Project crews, ensuring regulatory and company requirements are sufficiently addressed with contracted personnel as well as leading job safety assessments (JSA) with crews
- Build positive relationships to facilitate information sharing between project managers, project inspectors, engineers, operators, and Project contractors
- Develop project constructability reviews, formulate Project plans, provide perspective for Project contract negotiations, manage construction/maintenance contract inspectors across multiple sites and provide project cost estimates
- Develop project implementation plans and oversee pipeline/facility maintenance
- Interact with landowners and stakeholders along the right of way (RoW) to mitigate landowner issues should they arise during construction
- Lead field activities in support of facility tank API-653 clean/inspect/repair per regulatory requirements
- Facilitate and/or participate in incident investigations
- Capture process and attend customer meetings when deemed required
- Responsible for the day-to-day site technical queries, any minor design changes, site inspections and test plans, including the preparation of any remedial works lists and their successful remediation.
- Attend to other Tasks as required by Project Director
Monitor and communicate Project progress against the works programme to the Project manager, highlighting areas of concern to help mitigate potential delays or inefficiencies.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
To be determined based on Project.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree Or Technical Degree with required Site experience in various Position.
- 10 -15 years’ experience in Oil & Gas Industry with at least 10 Years in Pipeline Project in the Oil & Gas Industry including Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and start up.
- Considerable and demonstrable experience in large scale Project activities/ project management.
- Experience in managing budgets and project delivery.
- Able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of modern pipeline Project methods.
- NEBOSH certification – Show a clear understanding of Health and Safety requirements specifically related to the power industry.
- Proven ability to understand Project scope of work documents, read and interpret engineering Project specifications and drawings as well as knowledge of Project sequencing, critical path method and request for information (RFI) processes
- You are a highly motivated, self-starter who possesses strong communication skills and is capable of building strong positive relationship and influencing others
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value with a continuous improvement mindset
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations, i.e ASME IX, ASME B31.4, API 1104, API 650, API 653, API 5L, etc
Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping Ability to use judgment and make decisions in ambiguous or pressure situations.
Must keep up to date with relevant codes of practice & relevant mandatory regulations.
Be able to evaluate interpretive reports offering clear and concise guidance for other disciplines to follow.
Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
Good verbal and written communication skills – communication must be clear and concise. Solid interpersonal skills with ability to relate to all stakeholders.