PROPOSAL & ESTIMATING ENGINEER
- To employ an able, enthusiastic, skilled, and reliable Proposal & Estimating Engineer in order to meet Company objectives;
- The person to be employed by the Company shall reflect experience, skills, and personal attributes including dedication, meeting goals, creativity, and the ability to follow through.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the Bid and Tender policies and procedure.
- Evaluates and review of bid documents, specifications, scope of works and drawings
- Submit queries for clarifications on the technical and commercial aspect of the proposals.
- Identify sub-contract / specialized work items.
- Generates estimated man-hours and acquire competitive material and sub-contract prices.
- Prepares clarifications / qualifications to the bid/proposal.
- Supply Material Take-off and drawing details necessary to be used as a basis for pricing a tender.
- Prepares preliminary schedule, manpower loading and equipment list for technical proposal.
- Prepares overall cost summary of the project for review by Commercial Manager.
- Evaluates historical data of past projects, generate man-hours and costing productivity factors
- Perform all other duties as relevant to the position
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Bid/Proposal Offer Count and Value
- Bid/Proposal adherence to all deadlines set
- Bid/Proposal adherence to meet the Company’s Quality objectives.
- Bid/Proposal Qualifying Rate (e.g. Pre-qua, Technical, Commercial, etc.)
- Bid/Proposal Win Rate
- A good university degree in Engineering or related discipline (e.g. Quantity Surveying)
- At least 5 years of experience in bid and tender preparation for Oil and Gas EPC projects;
- At least 8 years of experience in the conduct of estimating activities related to tenders and proposals at company, including preparation of man-hours, labour, supervision, material costs, indirect, consumables and sub-contract items
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal skills – successful candidates will communicate effectively, possess strong writing skills, etc.
- Highly organized, excellent problem solver, strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Technical aptitude is required – candidates must be proficient with the usage of MS-Office, MS Project, Visio and basic CAD. Familiarity with Primavera a plus.
- Articulate and has very strong Technical Writing Skills
- Estimating and Project Management Skills
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to work under pressure with little or no supervision
Creative, Self-motivated, self-confident, enterprising, positive attitude, pleasing, dedicated, result oriented